June woke up the morning she was to start preschool and the first thing she said was, "Is it preschool today??!!). That was about 30 seconds before this photo--she carried everything out of her room.
Before I walked her to school I snapped a photo in front of our door. The second photo was as Curt was opening the door to give June a kiss goodbye. Caught us by surprise.
June will start Pre-K next fall (yikes! I register her for public school in March or April--that's why it is pre-pre-K). This year we are in a co-op with 4 other families and the 5 kids have a teacher (Miss Naomi) that we hire to teach Tuesday and Friday for 3 hours each day. It's been a very successful preschool.
Anson adores June and loves playing with her whenever she includes him.
Our friends, the Colemans, have a big influence on our kids. They are big Texas fans (which is why June does the longhorn and says, "Hook 'em!" Anson sports a bow tie like Chase sometimes too.
June pulled her chair to the whiteboard one day and started drawing. When she was done she said, "Look Momma! I wroted a letter to Roo!" (Curt's sister on a mission in Canada).
Enjoying more park days
Anson LOVES bath time still. He and June have fun playing together still. June especially likes to dump water on Anson.
Our view of the lights on September 11th



.jpg)






It's crazy to think of June starting school! I always think of her and Joanna as about the same age, but since Joanna's birthday is in Jan. They will be in different classes.
ReplyDeleteOur school district here used to have a December 1 cutoff date, but they are rolling it back to Set. 1 to match the national cutoff average. This year it was Oct. 1, andso Amy missed it since her birthday is at the end of October. I was surprized at how many people told me I could get her into kindergarten this year by just signing a waver. I didn't feel good about that and so she is enjoying preschool through the school district. It is neat the NYC is now providing pre-k for all kids too. I'm sure June will love it!