Back in March I submitted our London 2012 ticket application. Since we are residents of one of the 'selected European countries,' we were able to apply directly for tickets online.
It felt like a gamble because you select which session (not just sport, but the exact session) you'd like to attend and which price range(s) you'd be willing to buy. I didn't want to choose too few because then we'd have a lower chance...but I didn't want to choose too many because then we could end up spending thousands of pounds on tickets. I was pretty sure we could sell them easily if we got too many...but you never know, and selling can be a headache. Well, with the events I chose, the most we would have paid was just over 2000GBP.
I got an email at the beginning of May saying sometime between then and June 24th 'money will be deducted from your account if you were awarded tickets.' So the good news? They deducted 282 GBP out of our account! YAY! I was glad it wasn't just 100GBP...and a little happy in some senses it wasn't 2000GBP.
We haven't received the letter confirmation notifying us to which sessions the tickets were awarded, but I would be happy to go to ANY I chose. Here are the ones I applied for. You can try to guess which we'll get:
Opening Ceremonies - only one session :)
Swimming - session with medley and I think 4x100 relay medal rounds and men's/women's sprint medal rounds
Gymnastics - session with some men's and women's medal rounds, can't remember which
Basketball - men's, either the gold or bronze medal session
Soccer - men's, either the gold or bronze medal session
Beach Volleyball - men's, either the gold or bronze medal session
Let the games begin!!!!

OOOH! How fun!! I'd die to go to a women's gymnastics event, for obvious reasons. That will be amazing for you!
ReplyDelete