June's 1st birthday was Sunday, October 7th. We had a birthday party on the 6th because Clint was in town. We had some family attend 'virtually' via FaceTime/Skype. It actually worked really well and was fun to have grandparents, aunts & uncles around.
June & I made the cake this morning. Part of the Funfetti mix (my favorite cake as a child) went to June's cake and the other towards cupcakes for the guests (Daddy, Mommy & Uncle Clint).
Pizza time before the party! (General Conference tradition with my family)
Wasn't Conference wonderful??
Talking to the grandparents
Note: iMac, 2 iPads, iPhone. Virtual guests: 13
Opening gifts
(Funny note: I had been shopping for June online and found the *perfect* gift. I told Curt I'd show it to him when he got home from work. That day a package came from Grandma 'Nita. It looked like the size of the gift I had been considering and thought I should check. Curt said he thought that was a lame excuse to peek early. I insisted and looked and...it was exactly what I had chosen. Grandma really knows June! I was SO excited for her to try it out and it is a major hit. It's a baby stroller that's good for beginning walkers.)
Pre- and Post Cake
June really wanted to grab the cake early. I made her wait until we put the candle in and sang, which made her a little sad. She got over it quickly enough.
Blowing the candle out before she grabbed it
The first grab
Making progress
Concentration face
June's hands were covered in frosting. She liked to fling them around and made quite the mess. Thanks to Daddy for cleaning the floor, chair and table. Frosting is not easy to clean up.
Talking to our 'guests'
Post-Bath: I even got all of the cake and frosting out of June's ears-the amount was not minimal.








Happy birthday cute girl!!!
ReplyDelete