The actual day of June's birthday I had an OB appt. Grandma played with June at a park by the office and when I was done we went around the city and celebrated
Grandma caught her in her swinging element
We stopped at the library and read a lot of books (during a big rainstorm)
And then went to Toys 'R' Us, where June received some special birthday treatment (crown, balloon, gift card and free ferris wheel ride)
Fortunately, the car she got was Mr. Potato Head, one of her favorite toys. She plays with my old one. While at the store we bought the Mrs. Potato Head (less than $4...I couldn't resist because she loves her Mr. so much). She still talks about riding Potato on the Ferris Wheel.
And driving the little machines throughout the store was a dream for this little one. We did it how I always did it - no need for the coins. Sitting and driving is all you need. I think if you ever start putting the quarter in you can never go back. We'll save our quarters for doughnuts and cupcakes.





No comments:
Post a Comment