Monday, July 21, 2014

NY Road Trip Part 2: Buffalo

We stayed 2 nights in Buffalo. The real reason for going there was to drive to the Canadian side of Niagara falls. We got to our apartment on Sunday night and woke up on Monday for a day packed with fun:
Walking from the parking lot to see Niagara falls


June was really excited about the waterfalls (behind her are American Falls, left, and Bridal Veil Falls, small one on R)

Horseshoe Falls




Since I went on a trip to Iguacu Falls with mom a few years back, I figured this would be slightly disappointing. Boy was I wrong. I though it was absolutely gorgeous! 

Hanging out on the grass after lunch at a restaurant overlooking the falls.


The highlight of the trip for June was visiting the Olcott Beach Carousel Park. I stumbled upon this gem when I saw a photo of it in a local magazine. We drove from the falls through little towns until we got to Olcott, on the southern shore of Lake Ontario. It was a cute little town, and the Carousel Park was amazing!! It has 6 restored rides (from 1920-1950's) and is run by volunteers. Each ride / game costs 25 cents, and riders must be shorter than 52". This place was heaven for June. She woke up from her nap as we pulled up so it took her a little while to warm up. Then it was "Let's go on another one!!!"  


She even had fun on the ferris wheel - it went really high so I was worried she'd be nervous. Nope. Especially because she shared her cart with Braden.



June made another friend, Michaela, there. They went on several rides together. I think Michaela would have gladly taken June home :), and June was SO happy to play with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment