Saturday, July 19, 2014

Trip to Switzerland

I traveled to Switzerland at the beginning of June for 5 days. My trip was for work (farewell party for colleague, business meeting, training staff meeting, etc.). It was a great trip! I got to spend a bit of time alone wandering around Lausanne (my ticket was $1K less by flying out Saturday night instead of Monday - figured I'd save the company the $$ and enjoy some 'touristy' time). I took Anson with me out of ease - and it ended up working out really well. I had a good friend babysit him during the important meetings and ended up taking him to another one because it was easier and no one cared. Anyhow, here are the photos to tell the story of the trip:

Leaving home - bye daddy-o!

Sleeping in style on the plane. SwissAir knows how to do it (this is just coach, bulk-head seats have bassinet attachments)

Good ol' Lac Leman ("Lake Geneva")

Lausanne's flower clock

Sweet Anson's first trip overseas. Chateau d'Ouchy

First tooth!

Notre Dame Lausanne Cathedral


View from Cathedral

The painted portal


Oh how I miss my jet d'eau!

Anson greets June's old stomping ground

Traveling home in style. This guy was a CHAMP!

Gift for daddy: Stetler paves, best chocolates in the world maybe. I accept any challengers.


Things I realized I miss: weighing and stickering my own produce, Movenpick and other delightful dairy products, free/yummy water on the streets, tresse au beurre and other breads/cheeses


June had a blast at home with Nana and Daddy

High tea at Laduree in Soho complete with "pink cookies"


If only she realized how special this pink macaroon is!

Things I brought home: chocolate, marzipan, cookies, chocolate, rosti, kinder eggs and chocolate.

1 comment: