Tate had a fun day today (11/7) and took us all by surprise. He is a cute little guy who loves to be held, snuggled, patted and talked to. Sometimes when he is fussy and I know it's not any of the usuals (hungry, poopy, tired, etc.), I find it's because he just wants to lay on the floor and be unrestricted. It happened a few Sundays ago in Relief Society at church. I couldn't figure out what was bothering him until I had an 'aha' moment, put his blanket on the floor, laid him down and voila! Kicking and smiling immediately. So anyhow, he likes to spend a good portion of time each day on his back. He just looks around and kicks. Yesterday was the first day he did anything other than lay/look around/kick: he went onto his side, just to get a better view of whatever was there. Then all of a sudden today he rolled over--again and again. He's no small kid so we were all surprised when it happened. He's only mastered back to tummy.

So now it is 11/19 and I am finally finishing the post. I took this sweet boy to his 4 month check up and he tipped the scales. He weighs 20lbs (>97%, off the chart still), is 26" long (81%) and his head is 43cm (66%).
This is the face he makes when he breathes really quickly and moves all limbs as quickly as he can.
So oddly enough Tate has rolled over maybe 3x since the 7th. Silly boy. He eats well,
loves the swing, likes going on walks in the stroller, has fun in the bathtub and lights up when his siblings talk to him. He giggles, grunts and screeches-it's a happy screech, and I swear he does it most during quiet times (think Sacrament meeting). Tate has started to really interact more. He is at the cute stage where
everything goes straight to his mouth. I love watching him play with toys and suck on them and his blankie. The pacifier is now a friend - but not naturally. I am encouraging it a lot to avoid the thumb. I was a thumbsucker and it is a hard habit to break. Tate wears size 3 diapers and they are snug. If I hadn't bought a case, I'd just use the size 4 on him and Anson. It's just how his body is distributed. His pudgy rolls are so adorable. He is a decent sleeper, but for whatever reason he has decided 4am is the time to wake up?? Hoping we can stop that soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment