Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Tate: 5 Months!


I just found this in my "drafts" box when I went to put up Tate's 6 month post. Sorry for the delay! Up goest 5 months and 6 months (then 7 months will be here before we blink)

Tate is 5 months old and 22 pounds! He's a tank! This boy continues to be happy, calm, sweet and everything wonderful a baby can be. He eats 4x/day and sleeps from 8-5 most nights. I say most, but that may be a little optimistic as he did wake up at 3 to eat today. Anyhow, we're getting there and he's so easy going I don't really notice that much. He is very aware of his surroundings and LOVES people to talk to him. He rewards with smiles as large as his mouth can go and everyone who encounters him leaves feeling happier. My favorite thing is to hear him laugh. I can get him to laugh usually by scaring him (boo!). He is getting better with his hands and everything goes hands --> mouth. He rolls over from back to tummy constantly but hasn't hinted toward back to tummy. If he gets sick of being on his tummy, he cries or just lays his head on the side and sucks his hand or a toy. Oh, and he drools like crazy - just like Anson. Oh my boys who always have soaking wet shirts. June and Anson take good care of Tate, well mostly June does. I don't think Anson can have the credit since he has been known to bite Tate or move Tate if he is in the wrong place (that's only happened twice, but Anson can pick Tate up, surprisingly). June is sweet and will sing to him or just talk to him and can get him to laugh. My only complaint would be the blow outs. His poop projectile could be a lot better. I think I end up scrubbing out at least 5-7 outfits / week. No fun. He and Anson actually are wearing the same size of diapers, which actually makes it a lot easier. I'll bet they'll stay in the same size until Anson is potty trained. 







No comments:

Post a Comment