We went to Milan for a weekend trip (with a little work included). We drove there early Friday morning through the Mont Blanc tunnel. It felt a lot shorter than I imagined (only 7.2 miles). Interestingly, it shortens the drive to Milan by 62 miles. It was 39.80 Euros to drive through it (not cheap!). As soon as we arrived we went to my office. I gave a training and Curt & June left for an afternoon daddy-daughter date.
They saw the Duomo downtown and visited the JPMorgan office (Curt needed to listen in on a call).
Curt took this on his iPhone.
Later, we spent more time in the Duomo and also climbed the tower
It was lovely to sit on the roof in the sun
It is a really impressive cathedral
We were also fortunate to get tickets to see daVinci's Last Supper in dining hall the monastery of Santa Maria delle Grazie.
We also enjoyed walking around the Castello Sforzesco.
The moon & planet were so beautiful. I wish I knew more about taking photos when I'm in such beautiful places. We do our best--and usually the place is so beautiful it makes up for our lacking photography skills.
It was Carnival time and everyone was constantly throwing confetti and using silly string. The city was such a mess. It was a fun time to be visiting though--everything was very lively.
Well, the sightseeing was fun...but as is typical with us, we enjoyed the food most. Curt has a co-worker who grew up in Milan and he gave us a list of recommendations. If only we could have had more room for food! Two best gelato places: Bastianello and Shockolat. Best restaurant: Casa Lucia. Best snack/lunch: Panzerotti at Luini. Inexpensive and tasty restaurant that budget tourists would like: Da Maruzzella
June was an awesome traveler the entire time. She spent a lot of time in the Baby Bjorn. Mom and Dad took turns (she's not light anymore)
June was quite the attention-attractor. EVERYWHERE we went people stopped us to say, "Que linda!" "Ooo! Bambina!" etc. She's probably never had her cheeks pinched so many times. She was a little ham and would smile politely at everyone. Even the security guard at the Duomo talked to her and played with her hands while we waited in line. A little boy at a restaurant just couldn't stay away from her. He had to keep looking at her and give her kisses. It was pretty hilarious. He was her little principe.
Curt made the comment that it seemed as if the Italians hadn't seen a baby for years--and he made a good point. With their birth-rate being lower than the death rate, their population isn't exactly growing. They have one of the lowest birth rates in the world.
We enjoyed church on Sunday--Italian church is much easier to understand than German or even French church. We then caught the train home.
Curt took this lovely photo of us. I figured I had to post it because I would have posted it of him. Not beautiful of me...but captures the moment. I love sleeping with my baby girl!







No comments:
Post a Comment