Anette and I took the girls fishing at the Harlem Meer in Central Park a few weeks ago. There, they have a pond full of fish (blue gill, catfish, carp, some bass, etc.) and offer free fishing poles to borrow. Anette and I each got a pole and had fun fishing. It was funny to watch the fish nibble on the bait (they give you corn to use--I guess it is 'eco-friendly' bait?). It seemed the fish had been fished too many times to take the hook. Fortunately, we had each caught a fish after not too much time. It's all catch & release and the hooks don't have barbs. The poles don't even have reels so you just toss your line out a few feet.
The first fish was exciting. June didn't love how it wiggled.
The second fish. June tried to get as far away as possible. The second photo I'm holding her because she was crying so hard in the stroller.
Playing in the water (had to hang on to this girl--she would have gladly jumped in!)
It's a beautiful area




No comments:
Post a Comment