We went up to Washington Park to drop something off at a friend's home who lives by it. People were wading in the fountain and I thought it would be fun to let June dip her feet in since she had her flip-flops on. Of course the moment the feet hit the water, the hands want in too. She'd bend over and start to squat to touch the water and I'd ask her to stand up. This probably happened 5x before I decided I should just let her have fun. So I did:
This was when she saw the helicopter overhead. I love hearing her say helicopter. When we got home and I asked her about the day, she talked more about the helicopter than the splashing.
Of course I hadn't really planned for this. June went home in a dry diaper and a jacket. It was pretty hilarious.
When we went to the zoo two days later, June kept saying, "Mama, help. Splash?" and signed help and pointed to the water. It was hilarious. I can't count how many times I told her that water was for the animals and we couldn't swim in it. She asked at any animal that had water in its exhibit (many!)





No comments:
Post a Comment