Monday, May 27, 2013

The Bronx Zoo

Last Wednesday we went to the Bronx Zoo with Uncle Clint and a few other friends

This was the most fun June has ever had at a zoo. When we were getting ready in the morning I told her we were going to the zoo and she got excited. I asked her what was at the zoo and, without skipping a beat, she squawked, "Animals!" How on earth did she know that?? We do have a Little People book about the zoo I've been reading her very frequently for the last 12 mos or so. I guess more sinks in than I think.

Giraffe

The bears played and put on a little show for us.

Strolling with Paige. They got more "oohs" and "aahs" than the animals walking like this.

Zebra

June travels in style always. The subway ride to the zoo was an hour (well it was 1h 20min to get there because there were train issues...). I don't know how often we will make the trip, but it sure was fun!

When I ask her about our adventure to the zoo I ask her what we saw and she roars and roars and roars. Every once and a while she will respond "baboon," which sounds a whole lot like her word for balloon. Silly little girl. We sure love her!!!



1 comment: