Sunday, September 14, 2014

Anson: 10 Months!

Anson continues to be the happiest boy ever born. He has been much healthier this past month (no fevers! Yay!). He eats like a tank and loves feeding himself. If only he could fit bigger handfuls in his mouth? He eats everything. He also likes to guzzle his water and has started really liking straws, especially any water bottle that is June's.

His favorite song is "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" and he will laugh and sing and jump and bounce the entire song. He also loves to play peek-a-boo, especially with Daddy and June. Anson can be found chewing on anything (including toes, shins, shoulders, etc.) and reading books. He gets unusually excited when exciting shows turn on the TV and he can't miss a minute of anything fun that may be going on within a 2 mile radius.

His sleeping pattern has been pretty good - with the exception of the last 2 nights which I can maybe blame on teething?? The last week or so he has started to sing along with me if I sing him to sleep (or sing solo if he's tired and being held). It's been more consistent and I look forward to his little serenades. He nurses 3x/day and sometimes cuts out the mid-day feeding. I can't believe how fast he has grown up! He like his pacifier but can do without--but he seems to like it more an more as he gets older.

Anson is active. He crawls, with the occasional army crawl, and loves to stand. He's always pulling himself up and does a bit of cruising (walking holding on to things). His chubby little legs are so cute when he's standing up. He loves the water and will crawl at lightning speed when he hears the bathtub faucet on. He likes to clap and still rolls his hands and flails his arms when he is excited, particularly before eating.

He loves anything he shouldn't (cords, sockets, etc.) and is like a little vacuum who especially loves to crawl under the table after dinner. He smiles from ear to ear (showing off his 4 teeth) and giggles and chuckles constantly. It's hard for anyone to walk by him without talking to him or commenting on his cuteness. He's quite the charmer.

He's a joy - and it is now obvious to me how each child can be a parent's favorite child. I always wondered if a parent would favor a child - but now I get how I really love them equally. Curt bought me a cute book in Switzerland about this, and it's true. (Vous Etes Tous Mes Preferes)

No comments:

Post a Comment