After weeks of keeping a secret, we finally told our family we were expecting. Until we knew the gender of our baby, we just referred to her as "Junior." That was the easiest way for Curt and me to talk about her. Now that she's a girl, Jr. sounds a little masculine, but she was "Jr." for several months to me.
We told our parents over Skype one Saturday afternoon. It was absolutely hilarious. I took some screenshot of when they figured out what we were telling them.


Telling Grandma Venita. First the surprise, then the joy.
Telling Grandpa and Nana Calder (and Clint). Their reactions were also: surprise, joy.
Over the course of the day, we telephoned and told our siblings as well. We "FaceTimed" [so convenient] with Candice and Tim. I liked their reaction too:
Candice's face is saying to me, "WHAT?!?!! How did you keep it a secret the WHOLE time we were in Europe??? I could never do that!"
Oh--the first morning after Candice and Tim arrived in Geneva while Candice and I were making breakfast in the kitchen, she told me, "I had the strangest dream last night..." and went on to tell me how I was pregnant in the dream. I was 2 months along.



That is so fun that you have these pictures!
ReplyDelete