Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hiking The Saleve

April 9th, 2011
Le Saleve

Our ward had a Saturday morning Elders' Quorum activity. We rode the bus to the end of the line and walked across the French border to the trail head. Only three of us made the hike (everyone else drove or rode the tram). John Richardson was our guide. John was interning for a few months here in Geneva. Coincidentally enough, Curt served with him in the Elders' Quorum back when we lived in Provo. It was fun to have him here--what a small world.
A view from the top. Note Geneva in the background--you can see the Jet d'Eau (fountain).

Following John
The Grand Gorge
I'm 12 weeks pregnant here. I think I ate 2 sandwiches on the way up. Later when John found out we were expecting he said, "No wonder..."
They had an amazing gizmo at the top. I don't know exactly what to call it. It had about 30(?) knobs. Each one served a specific function to get the balls to travel around the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment