Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Classifieds

I love the Classifieds. My sister, Elaina, does too. Craigslist, KSL.com, WRS, etc. There is so much to find for a great deal. I guess I'm glad not everyone loves buying 'second-hand' items because it leaves more for the rest of us deal-hunters.
Anyhow, I'm writing this post because I scored big today. Yesterday I was about to order a Stokke Tripp-Trapp from a site here in Switzerland. I was prepared (and happy) to pay 248 CHF (Swiss Francs, just pretend like $1 is 1 CHF. It's close enough) for one chair (189) with the baby attachment set (53). Right before clicking to confirm, I decided to give one last look at the classifieds. Lo and behold someone had posted something only hours before. They had 2 Tripp-Trapps to sell. They didn't say the color or price, but I was intrigued enough to delay ordering our Stokke to see if we would get lucky.
Last night the lady replied (glad I was just patient). Two chairs, 25 CHF each, including a baby attachment. Wow! I went and bought both today...and the lady had an amazing library of children's books. Each was only 2 CHF. I felt like I was in an incredibly inexpensive book store--so many to choose from. We got some great French and English classics.

  June is a ham. When we left she even got a little present from our new Irish friend. She somehow always ends up with elephants. I guess they're her favorite animal so far.

Total: 100 CHF (savings of 148CHF...plus a free second chair, books and elephant...)

1 comment:

  1. Retail therapy! Great post! Love the Elephant and June's "hammy" smile!

    ReplyDelete