I went on a very quick day trip to Brussels. The training ended earlier than anticipated so I had about 2 hours before my train left to the airport. I made the most of the afternoon and saw a little of the old town. The best part was buying chocolates. We had to compare Swiss chocolates to Belgian chocolates...and I must sheepishly admit the Belgian chocolates fared very, very well in the competition. I was extremely impressed!
Train station with sun-bathing umbrella
At Grand Place, Brussels central square
Chocolate shopping. They have the chocolate making on display throughout the day at Chocopolis.
I inadvertently ran into this famous statue. Why is it so famous?? (called Manneken Pis)
Yummy lunch of frites and mussels
The chocolate tasting at home with Curt, Mom and Paul
Which would be the favorite? Definitely Neuhaus (my favorite was the Astrid praline), followed by Chocopolis or Helene de Troies. I was totally disappointed with Leonidas.

Get excited-they have Neuahus in NYC on the Upper West Side!!
ReplyDeleteThe best chocolate I have ever had was in Belgium, although I may have a little bias for the Flemish.
ReplyDelete