We went on the best family vacation in January! I have to say I was skeptical at going to Disney World with kids so young. Made for a tough decision (plus I was pregnant - wasn't sure if that was a good combo). Anyhow, the entire idea for the trip started when our friends, the Colemans, said they were planning at trip to Disney World and thought we should come along. Their friend, Jordan, works for Disney and can get a great deal on the resort and passes...so this made it even more tempting. Well, we went and had a BLAST with the Colemans and Jordan. Everything about the trip was perfect - the only 2 things I would change were 1. Traveling is always really tough for Curt because of his muscular dystrophy. I sure wish it were easier on him to fly and sleep in different beds. There were may days he struggled with pain and had to take breaks - so I wish he felt 110% and could have enjoyed everything that much more and 2. Poor Curt got some crazy stomach bug late Saturday night that lasted all through Sunday. It seemed exactly like a violent food poisoning, but no one else had it and as far as we remembered we all ate the same things throughout the day. Who knows. The only upside on that was we were planning on spending all our time around the hotel that day anyhow.
So here goes the photo dump!
The whole crew on the first day
First character meet and greet. I was shocked at how much the kids LOVED characters! June would choose meeting a character over any ride, hands down. Anson got SO excited it was tough to contain his excitement in line. He would RUN to the characters and give hugs. June got an autograph book and was determined to fill it all up (which she did).
Anson was not a fan of any ride that went in the dark. He was still a good sport about it, for the most part.
A favorite ride for both kids was the Kilimanjaro safari
June loved shopping and souveneir shops the couple of times we went. She and Anson each got to choose one thing to take home (Anson took home a little Mater and Lightning McQueen and June took home an Ariel hair care set - she will gladly see any patrons in her salon for a hairstyle and makeover).
This Mickey dances and talks and even sang to June (and had her do the Hot Dog dance with him)
June LOVED the Festival of Fantasy parade (really a fantastic parade). We loved it so much we watched it a 2nd time
June's favorite rides were the variations on the Dumbo ride. Up and down flying.
Waiting in line for Winnie and Tigger. This was a favorite memory - we were walking and she was riding on Chase's back and she said, "Chase, put me down! Put me down! Everybody stop!!!!!" and ran over to the Hundred Acre Wood sign and tree and just had to stop and meet them.
Kids always fell asleep right before the fireworks started...
Bus ride back to resort. It was REALLY nice having these super helpers. They're really our family here in NYC. It was especially helpful for me at night when Curt had to go home early and rest. Disney world solo, pregnant with 2 kids is tough.
A day when Curt rested most of the day and I did a lot of Disney world solo with the two kids. It was a lot like what we do in NYC all day so I felt like that's the only reason I could survive. Totally exhausting but worth it.
We enjoyed an awesome dance party with the Incredibles
Chatting about pixie dust
Watching June's reactions during the Disney Junior show was totally priceless. I watched her more than the show.
PS there were like 6 photos that never loaded/had errors...so I'm sure you are just dying to know which ones you've missed (JK). The'll make an appearance in the 2015 Calder Family album should you feel so short changed. More photos to come next post!














No comments:
Post a Comment