For my big 3-0, Curt planned a big surprise party for me. My friends all pitched in and made it an amazing event. I was 100% completely surprised (and we thought it was tough to surprise me. We are 2/2 in NYC with this and the surprise baby shower before Anson was born). I guess I don't let people plan events for me so they have to do it behind my back.....
My good (and incredibly talented) friend, Brenda, made FIVE cakes for this party. She knows exactly what I like and nailed it. HEAVEN. I was glad there were some leftovers so we could enjoy all week.
I have to say that a really, really big benefit to this party was that Curt accidentally forgot to text them before we came upstairs so when we arrived everyone wasn't waiting at me staring to see my reaction. They were almost as surprised as I was :) and I didn't have to have such an awkward-center-of-attention-moment. All surprise parties should have that type of entrance in my opinion. I get too embarrassed and turn into a tomato.
I forgot this was the day that we had a random face-painting adventure while at Whole Foods. How cute is June??
Brenda caught this moment perfectly
No comments:
Post a Comment