Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Disney World Part II

I think Epcot far superseded my expectations. I went to Disney world back in 1993 and have a lot of vague memories of being in heaven. It was great to go again and really enjoy it a second time (as if I'd never been there).



OH CANADA!!! In honor of Aunt Miranda on her mission in Calgary


Anson was quite the charmer-and the princesses LOVED him

June found a great friend on the resort bus one day. She tried out all of her Ariel hair kit with him :)


In line to meet Woody and Buzz. June asked me to do this. Great big sister :)



Breakfast time: eat cereal and watch Disney Junior shows. We were all happy this way!

June got an honorary Grandpa and Grandpa (Jessica's parents). They sure know how to spoil grandkids with love, attention and fun surprises/treats!


How our character meet-and-greets went the entire trip. Wait in line, RUN when it's your turn and give a huge hug. Stay incredibly happy.






Mary Poppins happens to be our friend's cousin here (learned via instagram). Such a small world!



We made a lot of friends waiting in line for characters in Epcot. Randomly there were always Brazilians in front of us or behind us (vacation time in Brazil so there were more Brazilians in Disney World than any other population combined). June couldn't speak with them, but it was amazing how much fun they had. They constantly petted her light hair and fair skin and thought the way she talked was "so cute." I enjoyed chatting with the parents and practicing my Portuguese. The two groups we spent the most time with actually were from boroughs where I served on my mission - really small world.

Favorite character experience was definitely Belle. Anson was so enamored and she was just too sweet with him. We were the second-to-last people before Belle went on her break. We were resting on a bench as she walked by and she stopped and sat and chatted with the kids a bit longer on the bench. The kids couldn't have been happier (and I wish I took a photo of the paparazzi group of people photographing Belle with my kids). It was a photo-worthy thing.




Anson's first smooch of the Disney world trip. I think he got smooch-marks from Belle, Rapunzel and Brave. Maybe more....they all just loved this little charmer. Hard to resist him!


We could have spent an hour looking at the Nemo aquariums (for the kids and me. I'm obsessed with fish).


"Grandma and Grandpa" hanging out with June and helping her make a Nemo penny

Our resort






Two more kisses :)

Spinning teacups!!! We play "spinning teacups" at home so this was extra special for us.


Swiss Family Robinson treehouse




Festival of Fantasy parade round 2 !

June still talks about being a plate in Belle's Enchanted adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment