Thursday, April 16, 2015

Home Improvement

It's been a little dangerous with Curt on leave. He has a little extra time and his mind has come up with many great home improvement ideas. I say dangerous in a funny voice - only because it is funny how many projects he comes up with. I have to say that I have LOVED every single one of his little make-the-home-better-and-more-effiicient projects. Here's how to build things in a 700sqft Manhattan apartment. 1. Get a zipcar 2. Go to Home Depot and hope everything fits 3. Move the kitchen table 4. Go to work:
 Saw. Vacuum. Saw. Maybe have someone hold the vacuum while you saw so there's not so much sawdust, repeat. Eventually dust the rest of the apt.



Anson loves to help in EVERY way> You can see the beginnings of the standing workstation Curt built to custom-fit our industrial sewing matching (as much as we miss that eye-sore). 

Shelves in our walk-in-closet (all of our closets are "hanging" closets which are a terrible use of space when you have no space)

I got to sand and paint everything. We got low-fume paint and painted when the kids were in bed and opened windows. Worked well enough!


Anson helping make the folding kids table that's mounted to the wall - probably my initial favorite of Curt's projects...but writing this I have an internal debate between all of them. Here's the short list: shelves in walk in closet and 2 hall closets, folding kids table, sewing-machine-cover/standing workstation, standing workstation with murphy bed for June, entertainment 'center' shelves, storage shelves in kids' room - think I got most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment