Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Rest of the Trip

Days 5, 6, 7 & 8 in LA were also great--I just didn't take many photos.

Sunday we went to church, which was nice. June was very good and even slept through all of Relief Society. That's always nice so I can listen and participate better. After church Lance made us a great dinner (marinated, grilled tri-tip) and we just hung out.

Monday we went to Cafe Rio in Long Beach and met my friend Lara Pessetto--a roommate from BYU. She and her husband are living in Irvine. It was great to catch up. The last time I saw here was meeting for lunch at Cafe Rio in Utah. We laughed about that. After lunch, we did a little shopping and headed home.

Tuesday we went to Isaac's community playgroup. June enjoyed all of the new toys. She really likes things with wheels and wants to ride on all of them. We also went to a Relief Society activity/service project.


June loved the Lindberg's toy kitchen. Makes sense because she loves Mommy's real kitchen. This one was just her size.


"Sharing"
More like Isaac frantically gathering up his cars/trains before Baby June could take any. They had some moments of fun cousin play though :)

Isaac's excitement eating a donut after dinner



Wednesday was another morning playgroup on the way to the airport. I think that was especially helpful before flying. June got a lot of wiggles and energy out. Our flight was, unfortunately, delayed about an hour. We didn't land at JFK until after 10:30pm. With the 1hr trip home it was midnight by the time we got to our apartment. June was SO good on the flight. She is always good, but this was the best flight ever. It was especially convenient because the flight was completely booked with no extra space. People around and all the flight attendants commented on how good June was. Other's came by to say hello. She's such a charmer.

June lit up when she saw Daddy and was excited to give him hugs. When we got to the apartment and I put June on the floor, she immediately went over to her book pile and dug in. She seemed very excited to be reunited with her own books and toys. It was cute. It's neat to see how much she remembers.

Well, back to "normal" life, whatever that is!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! That's so fun you got to see Lara! I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I love reading about how she loved being "home" and with her things again. And how she acted when she saw daddy. Ilove it.

    Do you think you guys will ever be able to come to Boise for a trip just with us?

    ReplyDelete