Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tate: 1 Month!

I'm actually writing this post on August 7th, but because I have scheduled the many posts I did last week, it won't go "live" until August 23rd. Either way, I am happy I'm finally keeping up!


Tate is a great baby. He's calm, happy, curious, sweet and everything wonderful about a tiny baby. Like any baby, he has times when he just wants to be held and walked around. It's not generally for long but happens at some point every day. He has grown a lot and really doesn't look like a 1 month old baby. I'm curious to see what his "stats" are at his appointment on Monday. I won't be surprised if he's 12 lbs - which is the same size as the other babies in our ward who are 2 months and 3 months old - that explains why he seems so large to me.



The longest he's slept in the night is probably 5.5 hours, maybe 6. The last few nights he's done a 5 hour stretch, 4 hour and then 3-4 hour stretch (basically his schedule from 8pm-8am). I feel like I'm getting enough sleep with that, even if I go to bed too late. During the day he eats every 2.5-4 or so hours. I don't keep very much track of these hours so it's tough to recall them for this.



He has been out and about a lot the last month. Much more than the other 2 kids, for 2 reasons. Primarily, it's summer. I don't love having babies during cold and flu season. Summer is the best! Second, he is the 3rd child so I am probably a little more lax, but also, the other 2 kids need to get out and about and have some normalcy. Speaking of the older kids, June and Anson adore Tate. Anson is concerned if he cries and says, "Baby Tate is crying' if he ever cries, June loves to hold him, sing to him, etc. She is a great helper and is so grown up. It's amazing to me how much she can do to help and how obedient and sweet she is. It's been a wonderful month and I hope time doesn't go quickly. This last month has been the perfect pace.

Just took this yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment