We went on a day trip to Gruyeres. What's a Swiss vacation without cheese, chocolate or castles? I still love that place.
First stop: Cailler factory. I didn't go through the tour this time but instead waited in the gift shop/cafe. I wish so badly I had my camera there with me: While I was sitting there reading the Ensign this little Malaysian lady came up to me and started asking me about June. She talked to June and made her smile. Then she asked if she could take a picture with us. I let her hold June for a photo too.
Long story short, after a few minutesthe entire tour bus of Malaysia was huddled around June and me. Everyone was holding June, pinching her cheeks and taking tons of pictures. We were quite the spectacle and she was a celebrity for the day. It only ended when the bus driver announced it was time to go.
Cheese factory
Town of Guryeres
Lunch at the Hotel d'Ville Restaurant
Hanging out at the castle. Miranda and I like to tour the same way. We see what is of interest to us and don't have to see/read everything. After touring, we people watch.
Yummy gelato just before heading home. The hills were so green--they made me sing songs from The Sound of Music. We were lucky to have great weather!

No comments:
Post a Comment