Curt's parents and little sister came and stayed with us from March 28th - April 11th. We had a great time with them. Below are some of the things we did around Geneva. We also took 2 weekend trips (posts to come).
Picking them up at the airport
Meeting Aunt Miranda
Meeting Grandpa (June had already met Nana)
Glen, Meridee and Curt took public transportation home from the airport and Curt got to show them a little of Geneva before having to go back to work
The Calders kindly packed the jumperoo I ordered for June. I found one in Europe for 2 or 300 Euros...I bought it in the US for $70 with shipping. Sheesh. Daddy put it together that night. This was her first time in it. She LOVES it.
The day after they arrived we learned Curt was promoted at work. Curt and I get steak dinners to celebrate when things like that happen. The Calders were lucky to be here during celebration time. We went to Le Relais de l'Entrecote, a Parisian restaurant. They serve only one dish there: Entrecote. You get a green salad as a starter and then as a main plate the entrecote (a nice cut of beef cooked to perfection and served with a delectable cream/butter and herb sauce) with a side of fries. It is a very traditional French dish. We were lucky to get in since the restaurant doesn't take reservations.
We spent several days of their trip walking around Geneva shopping and seeing sights. One day a group of Portuguese students were performing to earn money. They stopped us and asked us if they could sing a song to Miranda. She was such a good sport.
Hanging out at Place du Bourg-de-Four
We met Curt for lunch at the Hotel d'Ville restaurant. It was a great treat.
I'm not posting photos of Geneva sights because I've done that 10x...but this is one of my favorites and I don't think I've put it up. These are the ladders the Savoyards used when attempting to conquer Geneva back in 1602 at what is known as the "Escalade." It is in the Art and History Museum in Geneva. I love how all of the government-sponsored museums in Geneva are free. They are such good museums too.
Getting sandwiches for lunch at the "Italian Man"
Siblings after our picnic-lunch at the square across from Curt's office
Gelato Mania for our FHE treat. Yum!


No comments:
Post a Comment