Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Morning Football

We enjoyed Saturday morning football today, thanks to ESPN Player. Because of the time difference, we're really watching the Friday night games (often when they're over). The nice thing is we never know the final score, so (to me) it's like watching it live.
Curt cleaned his clubs while watching


and I worked on another sewing project. I made a slip for the blessing dress I am going to make.

Front detail 
Back 

My Mom gave me a little pattern she made for Taya's slip. I just did my best to put it together.

I enjoyed doing a little more 'finishing' work than the previous projects and also some button holes. I've also learned I sort of enjoy guess-sewing, much like I enjoy guess-cooking. There are times, however, where precision in following patterns and recipes is necessary to avoid disaster--I just choose when it seems important enough. I can't decide if it's laziness or the desire to do things my own way and use a little creativity. Probably laziness...

1 comment:

  1. I like guess sewing better, but only because for me it applies to long straight lines, like the valance I recently made. Not a whole lot can go wrong there and if it does you just decide you want it shorter narrower etc. This is why I cannot sew clothing. That and I can't read a pattern. I started on a simple dress for Aurora's blessing. I got through most of the cutting and derailed at the collar, the first step. I couldn't figure out what pieces went together. I guess that means simple skirts and sleeveless, collarless dresses are my stopping point for clothing. I am super impressed you can do that. I look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete