One of my favorite snacks: frozen peas. I can thank my
ingenious mother for this one. I remember she'd give me a measuring cup full of them when I was a kid. It was such a treat!
 |
| Ate these last night |
When I'm hungry and don't know what I want, I still eat frozen peas. I've especially enjoyed them lately. I just finished a bag of frozen peas, and I'm pretty sure I didn't cook any of them. Curt thinks it's gross--but he doesn't love peas, so it's not saying much.
Reasons it's the best snack for you
and your kids: low calorie, low sugar/fat, great nutrients, refreshing, easy to prepare, not messy, inexpensive, etc. It's not like giving your kids raisins--high in sugar and guaranteed to contribute to dental caries. Guaranteed our kids are going to LOVE their frozen peas too! (sorry Curt!)
I used to love these as a kid and recently rediscovered them with Aurora. My sister in law said that frozen peas were one vegetable she could get into her kids and since it is always a battle once they can feed themselves, I decided to try with Aurora too. She loves them and I rediscovered my love for frozen peas with her.
ReplyDeleteMy girls will whole heartedly recommend frozen blueberries. That was their favorite snack as toddlers
ReplyDelete